It is the mission of Abington College Undergraduate Research Activities (ACURA) to develop students who are critical thinkers and creative scholars by engagement in scientific experimentation, inquiry-based research, and exploration of the arts through a year long research experience within our community of teacher-scholars.
ACURA offers Penn State Abington students the opportunity to:
- Collaborate closely with a faculty research mentor on a hands-on research project and/or creative work over the course of one academic year,
- Receive academic credit (one credit in fall; two credits in the spring) for their research activity,
- Gain valuable research, technical, and artistic experience for more advanced levels of scholarly work, and/or for use in future careers,
- Present one’s research findings at the Annual ACURA Poster Fair, at a research lecture at the Fall Colloquium, and/or at a local or national research conference
- Publish one’s original work and discoveries in partnership with one’s research mentor.