"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King Jr.
Community Engagement engages students, community members, faculty and staff to facilitate partnerships, education, critical thinking and informed action. Through these collaborations, we aim to foster social justice by promoting personal, institutional and community change.
Community Engagement assists the Penn State Abington community in the areas of service. Service in the community takes on many names and our work can be called community service, volunteerism, civic engagement, service learning, and public scholarship. We work to engage our student body and our campus community with the surrounding population in various areas of need and concern. We provide opportunities to become involved in the community, to learn more about yourself and to experience firsthand a variety of issues affecting both our community and our society as a whole.
Sampling of Services We Provide
- Resources on service-related events and relevant service issues
- Opportunities for campus organizations to collaborate on service projects
- Provide assistance in developing service projects that address specific academic connections and personal interests
- Provide assistance to the communities' requests for volunteer aide
- Provide one time programs and immersion programs for our campus community