Penn State Abington is offering AP Institute classes for Summer 2016.
English Language - July 11 - 14, 2016 - Taught by Don Stoll
Calculus - July 18 - 21, 2016 - Taught by Peter Kaczmar
U.S. History - July 25-28, 2016 - Taught by Paul Dickler
World History - August 1-4, 2016 - Taught by Jonathan Ferrante
* If you are registering with a Purchase Order please contact Kaitlyn Condon at 215-881-7400 to register.
Who Should Attend Penn State Abington's AP Institute classes?
- Current AP teachers
- Teachers who want to learn to teach AP courses in one of the content areas
- Teachers of talented and gifted students
- Teachers and administrators wishing to learn how to establish AP programs in their local schools or school districts
- Preparation of course syllabi and lesson plans
- Examples of classroom materials applicable to the particular AP subject area
- Practical information about program implementation (student selection, budget, and helping students to succeed on an AP examination)
- A chance for both the novice and experienced teacher to interact and share ideas with their colleagues
See what past participants have to say about our program:
"The amount of material was amazing! So many great ideas and inspiration. A fresh breath of air into the French program."
"These four days were full of extremely useful materials, ideas, instructions, and resources. The workshop was very helpful and the presenter was knowledgeable, funny and very helpful. I would definitely attend another of Mr. Weiss' workshops."
"One of the most resourceful courses I have ever taken! Thank you so much!"
"Excellent workshop, great ideas and wealth of information. Thank you for all the useful links and helpful tips regarding teaching."
"I have been completely enthralled with the institute...The info he has presented is invaluable! My school district did not pay for this institute. I did and I feel it is worth every dollar!!"
"One of the two most useful classes I've ever taken in education. Not only do I feel prepared to teach AP, but I'm very excited. Wonderful instructor and material."
"This was the most useful and engaging professional development I have ever attended."
"The instructor was a fantastic presenter who kept us engaged and motivated throughout the entire AP Language Institute. This was an intense and highly rewarding experience."
Please note that College Board guidelines require at least 90 percent attendance in order for participants to receive certificates of completion. Letters of attendance for participants who do not qualify for certificates will be available upon request.
Continuing Education Units
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are based on a standard of 1 unit per ten hours of classroom instruction. Upon completion of this course, each participant will be awarded a certificate for the CEUs earned.
Penn State Abington is not an Act 48 Provider. Penn State Abington will issue a certificate of completion that will detail the name of the program, hours earned (based on attendance) and any other appropriate information. All those enrolled will need to submit certificate to the appopriate school district or intermediate unit so that any earned / completed hours can be submitted and counted on participants' behalf.