Interested in nursing - or maybe another health profession?
This credit certificate program is designed to provide students who are interested in nursing, health science or a healthcare profession, core academic classes needed for a career in healthcare.
The Health Science Professions Certificate can equip students with the prerequisites needed to access the educational pathway toward a career in nursing, or to begin coursework needed to obtain additional credentials, a degree in a related science discipline or other discipline.
- BIOL 129 MAMMALIAN ANATOMY (4 credits)
- BIOL 141 INTRODUCTORY PHYSIOLOGY (3 credits)
- BIOL 142 PHYSIOLOGY LABORATORY (1 credit)
- CHEM 110 CHEMICAL PRINCIPLES I (3 credits) and CHEM 111 EXPERIMENTAL CHEMISTRY I (1 credit) OR CHEM 101 INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY (3 credits)
- ENGL 015 RHETORIC AND COMPOSITION (3 credits)
- HD FS 129 INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY STUDIES (3 credits)
- MATH 021 COLLEGE ALGEBRA (3 credits)
- MICRB 106 ELEMENTARY MICROBIOLOGY (3 credits)
- MICRB 107 ELEMENTARY MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY (1 credit)
- NUTR 251 INTRODUCTORY PRINCIPLES OF NUTRITION (3 credits)
- PSYCH 100 INTRODUCTORY PSYCHOLOGY (3 credits)
- SOC 001 INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY (3 credits) OR
- SOC 005 SOCIAL PROBLEMS (3 credits)
*Math requirement is MATH 021 or higher. Certificate is a minimum of 33 credits, but if CHEM 110 & 111(lab) are taken instead of CHEM 101, the total credits will be 34. STAT 200 or 250 is recommended as an additional course, making the total credits 36-38.