The spring session of the Personal Care Home Administrator 100-Hour Training is open.
PCHA Program with CPR & First Aid
NURS 5006 sec 001 1495.00
PCHA Program without CPR & First Aid (a copy of a valid CPR & First Aid Certification card is due the first night of class).
NURS 5006 sec 002 1395.00.
Class size is limited to 20.
You can either pay in full at the time of registration or if you prefer to split your payment you are welcome to pay 1/2 tuition at registration (and also to secure your spot) and agree to pay the balance on or before March 1. If you would like to to use this arrangement please email Theresa Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the PCHA registration form.
A full refund, less the $25 cancellation fee, will be processed for cancellations requested at least 72 on or before March 1, 2016.
Choose the session that works best for your schedule:
Spring 2016 Schedule
March 4-May 7 (no class on March 25/26)
The PCHA Exam will be administered the week of May 9-13, 2016.
Fall 2016 Schedule
September 9 - November 12
The PCHA Exam will be administered the week of November 14, 2016.
Registration & Tuition
$1495, if you need to attend the CPR & First Aid training class
$1395, if you are already CPR & First Aid certified (cards will be due the first night of class)
Tuition can be paid in full at time of registration or if you would like to split your tuition into two payments please contact Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402 or email@example.com for a registration form to complete and submit to the Registration Office. The University will invoice you you for the remainder. The tuition balance must be paid on or before March 1.
Alumni Discount: Penn State alumns are eligible for a 10% discount.
Registration for this session will be open in mid December. Enrollment is limited to 20 students. If you have any questions please Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402.
For more information please contact:
Who should attend the 100-Hour Training?
Aspiring personal care home administrators, nurses, caregivers, and health care professionals can complete the State Department of Public Welfare’s 100-hour standardized training program at Penn State Abington.
Why choose this program?
- Earn your professional education with Penn State-the Big Ten in your backyard!
- Penn State Abington is the only PCHA 100-Hour Training Provider that offers evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule.
- Our location has easy access to public transit and major highways and the Pennsylvania turnpike.
- Every one of our instructors are subject matter experts. You will not find more qualified instructors anywhere.
- Our proven track record speaks for itself: over 100 graduates and a pass rate of 100%.
What do former students say about the Training?
"The PCHA program was not only a source of vast information and education, it also played a tremendous role in helping me identify the best suitable sector for me as an Administrator." - Daniel Samai
PCHA Course List
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness-4 hours
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects/Side Effects and Universal Precautions-7 hours
- Personal Care & Hygiene Services-9 hours
- Local, State, and Federal Law and Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Personal Care Home-2 hours
- Nutrition, Food Handling, and Sanitation-7 hours
- CPR and First Aid Certification-7 hours
- Recreation-4 hours
- Resident Rights-3 hours
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness-9 hours
- Gerontology-6 hours
- Care for Residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities-2 hours
- Care for Residents with Dementia, Cognitive Impairment, or Other Special Needs-8 hours
- Community Resources: Social Services and Activities in the Community-4 hours
- Staff Supervision and Staff Person Training Including Developing Orientation and Training Guidelines for Staff-8 hours
- Budgeting, Financial Record Keeping and Resident Records-4 hours
- Writing, Completing and Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment and Support Plans-5 hours
- Resident Home Contracts-2 hours
- Abuse and Neglect Prevention and Reporting-6 hours
- Cultural Competency-3 hours