Personal Care Home Administrator 100-Hour Training Program
Next session begins September 9
Registration for the fall session will open on June 1, 2016
September 9 - November 12
The PCHA Exam will be administered the week of November 14, 2016.
Alumni Discount: Penn State alumns are eligible for a 10% discount.
You can either pay in full at the time of registration or if you prefer to split your payment you are welcome to pay 1/2 tuition at registration (and also to secure your spot) and agree to pay the balance on or before September 1. If you would like to to use this arrangement please email Theresa Bloom at email@example.com and request the PCHA registration form once registration opens on June 1, 2016.
Registration for this session will open on June 1. Enrollment is limited to 20 students. If you have any questions please Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402.
A full refund, less the $25 cancellation fee, will be processed for cancellations on or before September 1, 2016.
For more information please contact:
PCHA Orientation Schedule:
Here is the link to the PA Dept. of Public Welfare's PCHA Orientation training schedule:
This free 6 hour class that must be attended before, during, or after the 100-Hour Training and exam, and must be completed before you begin acting in the capacity of a Personal Care Home Administrator. This free program is very informative and you must register for it. If you are interested please register-they do fill up.
Who should attend the 100-Hour Training?
Aspiring personal care home administrators, nurses, caregivers, and health care professionals can complete the State Department of Public Welfare’s 100-hour standardized training program at Penn State Abington.
Why choose this program?
- Earn your professional education with Penn State-the Big Ten in your backyard!
- Penn State Abington is the only PCHA 100-Hour Training Provider that offers evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule.
- Our location has easy access to public transit and major highways and the Pennsylvania turnpike.
- Every one of our instructors are subject matter experts. You will not find more qualified instructors anywhere.
- Our proven track record speaks for itself: over 100 graduates and a pass rate of 100%.
What do former students say about the Training?
"The PCHA program was not only a source of vast information and education, it also played a tremendous role in helping me identify the best suitable sector for me as an Administrator." - Daniel Samai
PCHA Course List
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness-4 hours
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects/Side Effects and Universal Precautions-7 hours
- Personal Care & Hygiene Services-9 hours
- Local, State, and Federal Law and Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Personal Care Home-2 hours
- Nutrition, Food Handling, and Sanitation-7 hours
- CPR and First Aid Certification-7 hours
- Recreation-4 hours
- Resident Rights-3 hours
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness-9 hours
- Gerontology-6 hours
- Care for Residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities-2 hours
- Care for Residents with Dementia, Cognitive Impairment, or Other Special Needs-8 hours
- Community Resources: Social Services and Activities in the Community-4 hours
- Staff Supervision and Staff Person Training Including Developing Orientation and Training Guidelines for Staff-8 hours
- Budgeting, Financial Record Keeping and Resident Records-4 hours
- Writing, Completing and Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment and Support Plans-5 hours
- Resident Home Contracts-2 hours
- Abuse and Neglect Prevention and Reporting-6 hours
- Cultural Competency-3 hours