Who should attend the 100-Hour Training?
Aspiring personal care home administrators, nurses, caregivers, and health care professionals can complete the State Department of Public Welfare’s 100-hour standardized training program at Penn State Abington.
Why choose this program?
- Earn your professional education with Penn State-the Big Ten in your backyard!
- Penn State Abington is the only PCHA 100-Hour Training Provider that offers evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule.
- Our location has easy access to public transit and major highways and the Pennsylvania turnpike.
- Every one of our instructors are subject matter experts. You will not find more qualified instructors anywhere.
- Our proven track record speaks for itself: over 70 graduates and a pass rate of 100%.
What do former students say about the Training?
"The PCHA program was not only a source of vast information and education, it also played a tremendous role in helping me identify the best suitable sector for me as an Administrator." - Daniel Samai
- $1495, if you need to attend the CPR & First Aid training class - Register
- $1395, if you are already CPR & First Aid certified (cards will be due the first night of class) - Register
Tuition can be paid in full at time of registration or if you would like to split your tuition into two payments please contact Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402 or email@example.com for a registration form to complete and submit to the Registration Office.
PCHA Course List
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness-4 hours
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects/Side Effects and Universal Precautions-7 hours
- Personal Care & Hygiene Services-9 hours
- Local, State, and Federal Law and Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Personal Care Home-2 hours
- Nutrition, Food Handling, and Sanitation-7 hours
- CPR and First Aid Certification-7 hours
- Recreation-4 hours
- Resident Rights-3 hours
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness-9 hours
- Gerontology-6 hours
- Care for Residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities-2 hours
- Care for Residents with Dementia, Cognitive Impairment, or Other Special Needs-8 hours
- Community Resources: Social Services and Activities in the Community-4 hours
- Staff Supervision and Staff Person Training Including Developing Orientation and Training Guidelines for Staff-8 hours
- Budgeting, Financial Record Keeping and Resident Records-4 hours
- Writing, Completing and Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment and Support Plans-5 hours
- Resident Home Contracts-2 hours
- Abuse and Neglect Prevention and Reporting-6 hours
- Cultural Competency-3 hours