- Teams may consist of undergraduate or graduate students or a combination.
- Consulting companies are not eligible to compete as the primary sponsor. However, teams may work with industry as they explore potential solutions.
- Any detection equipment to be installed or that travels through the system MUST be able to fit safely within a 5-inch concrete pipe.
- All teams interested in being considered for the prizes MUST demonstrate their technology in Philadelphia in March.
- An awards demonstration workshop and ceremony will be held either at Philadelphia Water's headquarters in downtown Philadelphia or at the Fairmount Water Works in April. At least one member of a team must attend the workshop.
Director of Continuing Education at Penn State Abington