The role of the nursing home administrator is to supervise, plan, develop, monitor and maintain appropriate standards of care throughout all departments in the nursing home. The nursing home administrator must have effective communication, leadership, and business skills in order to be successful.
This Pennsylvania State Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators approved specialty program is designed to provide a knowledge core of education for those interested in pursuing a career in the long term care administration field. The courses may also serve to satisfy State of Pennsylvania license renewal requirements. Consisting of sixteen courses, each 7.5 hours in length, the 120-hour program is taught by Penn State University faculty and area professionals.
For information on qualifying for this training please visit this page.
To reserve your space in this training, please register for the first class, Dietary Department and Resident Nutrition.
Class size is limited to 15.
Registration in the September 12 class secures your seat in the NHA training.
Fall - Session I (September 12 through October 31)
- 9/12/15 - Dietary Department and Resident Nutrition - Register
- 9/19/15 - Facility Support Services: Building/Grounds, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Central Supply
- 9/26/15 - Social Services, Family and Community Relationships and Resident Rights
- 10/3/15 - Rehabilitation Services and Special Care Services
- 10/10/15 - Third Party Reimbursement
- 10/17/15 - Personnel Management and Labor Relations
- 10/24/15 - Strategic Planning, Safety, and Insurance
- 10/31/15 - Gerontology
Spring - Session II
Dates to be determined