Students attending Abington College are either assigned to a professional adviser or a faculty member. (Hint: this information is available in LionPATH at the bottom right of the Student Center).
To schedule an appointment with your assigned professional adviser
- Log into Starfish and click on “Services.”
- Abington is at the top of the list. Next to the picture of the Sutherland Building, click the title bar “Abington – Division of Undergraduate Studies Advising.”
- Find your advisor from the list of Abington professional advisors. If your advisor is not listed, see instructions below for making an appointment with a faculty advisor.
- If your advisor is listed, click on the Schedule Appointment link.
- Calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with open appointment times. Days in bold-face are the ones available for scheduling.
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Select a “Reason” for the appointment.
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the advisor best prepare for the meeting.
Once you create the appointment, Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment and will also send you a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your “Dashboard” will show the new appointment that you have created.
To schedule an appointment with a faculty advisor
- In LionPATH on the Student Center page where your advisor’s name is listed, click on the word “Details.”
- In the page that opens, your faculty advisor’s name will be a link to their email address.
- Send an email to arrange an appointment day and time.
To cancel the appointment
- Click the “x” in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard.
If you do need to cancel, please do so well in advance and give the advisor some reasons why the appointment is being canceled.