The Abington College defines diversity as a core value to promote understanding and to expose students, faculty and staff to a variety of cultures, perspectives and worldviews.
Our ultimate goal is to promote acceptance and respect in the campus community and beyond.
Since 1993, the college has incorporated diversity and climate as a key goal of its Strategic Plan.
Abington College is committed to -
- Developing a shared and inclusive understanding of diversity
- Creating a welcoming campus climate
- Retaining and including a diverse student body
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce
- Developing a curriculum that fosters intercultural and international competencies
- Diversifying university leadership and management
- Coordinating organizational change to support our diversity goals