For Parents

For Parents

If your student is away at college, you may want to contact us to gather information about our summer courses.  

Below are some frequently asked questions.  

Please read through the questions below and also explore the other areas of our summer site.  

However, don't hesitate to contact Eva Klein directly with any questions or concerns you may have at

Summer Courses will be available in November, please check back for a link to the schedule


Summer Registration FAQs:

How to register for summer?

How do I pay for a course?

What do I need to do before the class starts?

How does my child register for summer? 

For Penn State Students: Register using eLion.

For Visiting Students:

1.  Look over the schedule of courses available on our website to determine what course(s) are needed.   By mid January, the schedule will be pretty complete.  It is recommended that your student doesn't take more than two courses per summer term.  The summer is a compressed semester, lasting only 6 weeks, so it is very intense.

2.  Email Eva Klein for a course description and syllabus. Your student will need to make sure that their college or university will accept the transfer credits.  Your student should bring the syllabus to their school and make sure to get something in writing that says the credits will be accepted.  We don't need anything in writing from the school, this is for your benefit so that you are sure that the course that they are taking at Penn State will be accepted by their school.

3.  Once their school approves their choice of courses, please fill out the registration form and send it back into our office.  This can be done via fax, or mail. If your student is busy at school you can fill this out and send it in for them. Registration opens on February 3, 2017.

4.  After the forms are sent in, we will send confirmation information to your home address.

Please note:  Many of the math and science courses fill quickly so be sure to register as soon as they have made a decision.  

How do I pay for a course?

For Visiting Students:

You can mail payment in when you register for classes (payment information is on the registration form). Or if you prefer, we will bill your home address.

For Penn State Students:  A bill will be sent to your eLion account.

For specific billing questions: contact the Bursar Office.

What do I need to do before the class starts?

Your student needs to buy books, get a parking pass and activate their PSU email account.  Directions on how to do this will be sent to you via mail or email.

Check out this page for step-by-step information on what your child needs to do before class begins.