Next PCHA 100-hour training program begins March 2017
Online registration will be available on this page in mid-January.
Class size is limited to 20.
Personal Care Home Administrator 100-Hour Training Program
Location: Penn State Abington
Directions and campus map:
PSU Alumni/Veteran Discount: 10%
If you have any questions please Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402.
Day/Date Class Time
The classes below may be taken individually at the cost of $15 per credit hour. To register call Theresa Bloom at 215-881-7402
11/4/16 Fire Prevention & Emergency Preparedness, 4 hours 5-9pm
11/5/16 Medication Procedures, Medication Effects/Side Effects and Universal Precautions-7 hours 9am-4:30pm
11/11/16 Care for Residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities-2 hours 5-7pm
A full refund, less the $25 cancellation fee, will be processed for cancellations requested on or before September 1, 2016.
For more information please contact:
PCHA Orientation Schedule:
Visit the PA Department of Human Services homepage and search for 2016 Personal Care Home Administrator Orientation Schedule and pick the correct option to view the schedule.
This free 6-hour class that must be attended before, during, or after the 100-Hour Training and exam, and must be completed before you begin acting in the capacity of a Personal Care Home Administrator. This free program is very informative and you must register for it. If you are interested please register-they do fill up.
Who should attend the 100-Hour Training?
Aspiring personal care home administrators, nurses, caregivers, and health care professionals can complete the State Department of Public Welfare’s 100-hour standardized training program at Penn State Abington.
Why choose this program?
- Earn your professional education with Penn State-the Big Ten in your backyard!
- Penn State Abington is the only PCHA 100-Hour Training Provider that offers evening and weekend classes to fit your busy schedule.
- Our location has easy access to public transit and major highways and the Pennsylvania turnpike.
- Every one of our instructors are subject matter experts. You will not find more qualified instructors anywhere.
- Our proven track record speaks for itself: well over 100 graduates and a pass rate of 98%.
What do former students say about the Training?
"The PCHA program was not only a source of vast information and education, it also played a tremendous role in helping me identify the best suitable sector for me as an Administrator." - Daniel Samai
PCHA Course List
- Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness-4 hours
- Medication Procedures, Medication Effects/Side Effects and Universal Precautions-7 hours
- Personal Care & Hygiene Services-9 hours
- Local, State, and Federal Law and Regulations Pertaining to the Operation of a Personal Care Home-2 hours
- Nutrition, Food Handling, and Sanitation-7 hours
- CPR and First Aid Certification-7 hours
- Recreation-4 hours
- Resident Rights-3 hours
- Care for Residents with Mental Illness-9 hours
- Gerontology-6 hours
- Care for Residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities-2 hours
- Care for Residents with Dementia, Cognitive Impairment, or Other Special Needs-8 hours
- Community Resources: Social Services and Activities in the Community-4 hours
- Staff Supervision and Staff Person Training Including Developing Orientation and Training Guidelines for Staff-8 hours
- Budgeting, Financial Record Keeping and Resident Records-4 hours
- Writing, Completing and Implementing Initial Assessments, Annual Assessment and Support Plans-5 hours
- Resident Home Contracts-2 hours
- Abuse and Neglect Prevention and Reporting-6 hours
- Cultural Competency-3 hours