Sexual Assault

Sexual Assault

If you encounter personal problems of any kind on or off campus, please reach out for help. This specifically includes being the victim of sexual assault, domestic violence, harassment based on sex or gender, discrimination based on race, religion, or national origin, or hate speech of any kind.

If you are the victim of any of these types of violations, seek help:

  • Immediately call campus security at 215-881-7575 and see the Director of Student Affairs, Gale Siegel, in 106 Sutherland or call 215-881-7600
  • Contact the campus nurse, Donna Monk at 215-881-7350, email at or stop by the Wellness Center in 103 Lares at any time.
  • Contact the campus psychologist, Dr. Karen Gould at 215-881-7577, email at or stop by the Counseling Office in 102A Lares.
  • Call PSU's Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence Hotline at 800-550-7575 or the Victim Services Center of Montgomery County's 24-hour crisis hotline at 888-521-0983.
  • Access an overview of Abington College’s full range of counseling services at

The university’s code of conduct states that all students should act with personal integrity, respect other students’ dignity, rights, and property, and help create and maintain an environment in which all can succeed through the fruits of their efforts. Violations of this principle can result in a range of sanctions, from a warning to expulsion. Note that Title IX makes it clear that violence and harassment based on sex and gender is a civil rights offense subject to the same kinds of accountability and the same kinds of support applied to offenses against other protected categories such as race, national origin, etc.

What to do if you are raped:

  • Go to a safe place as soon as you can.
  • Try to preserve all physical evidence. Do not bathe, shower, douche, use the toilet, brush teeth, or change your clothing.
  • Contact a close friend who can be with you until you feel safe again. Your friend can also accompany you to the medical exam.
  • Get medical attention as soon as possible to make sure that you are physically okay and to collect and preserve evidence.
  • Contact the police. Rape is never your fault – it’s a crime. You are encouraged to report it.
  • Seeing a counselor is important to help you understand your feelings and begin the process of resolution and healing.
  • Please know you will feel less alone and more in control as you learn your resources and reach out for help.

Medical Treatment

Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital for immediate treatment.

Abington Memorial Hospital

  • Go directly to hospital trauma center for immediate care
  • Trained Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners are available
  • 1200 Old York Rd, Abington, PA 19001
  • Phone: 215-481-2000
  • Emergency Room: 215-481-2450

Penn State Abington Student Health & Wellness Center, 215-881-7350.

Psychological Services

  • On Campus Counseling Services, 215-881-7577
  • PSU Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence Hotline, 800-550-7575
  • Victim Services of Montgomery County, 888-521-0983

National Hotlines

  • National Domestic Violence Hotline:  800-799-7233
  • National Sexual Assault (RAINN) Hotline:  800-656-4673
  • Penn State Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence:  800-550-7575 or 866-714-7177 (TTY)
  • Sexual Assault & Relationship Violence-AWARE:  888-981-1457

Police & Legal Information

Police Emergency - 911

  • Penn State Abington Campus Security: 215-881-7575, 106 Rydal Building
  • Abington Township Police: 215-885-4450, 1166 Old York Rd, Abington, PA 19001