Have an idea? A dream? A passion? Tell the LaunchBox!
- What is your idea?
- How far in development are you?
- What do you need help with?
What can LaunchBox do for you today?
Designed to inspire creativity, Penn State Abington LaunchBox is where innovators and entrepreneurs can go to tap into the skills and expertise of Penn State Abington students and faculty. Members of the entrepreneur/innovator community in Abington who wish to access any of the following services should contact Dr. Gary Calore by email» :
- Participate in the LaunchBox Business Plan Competition»
- Work with faculty and students from Penn State Abington’s Business Program» and Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ENTI) Minor»
- For civic, nonprofit, and public service innovation plans, work with faculty and students from Penn State Abington’s Civic and Community Engagement (CIVCM) Minor»
- Get help and advice for building a business plan
- Gain access to connections and business development resources
- Get connected with the Abington Township Economic Development Committee»
Referrals to the Penn State Entrepreneur Assistance Clinic»
- Access to professionals and experts who can help with common entrepreneurial challenges:
- Intellectual property law
- Marketing and promotion
- Obtaining loans and investors
- Accessing Abington’s economic development system
Prototyping at Abington Innovation Center»
- Early-stage product ideation and design
- Computer-aided drawing and modeling
- 3D object scanning
- 3D printing
- CNC routing
- Laser engraving
- Traditional power stationary and hand tools
Collaboration Space at Abington Innovation Center»
- Beautiful setting in the former dining room of Rosenwald Mansion
- Whiteboard and ideation materials (post-its, markers, etc.)
- Projector and projection screen
- High-end computing with the help of Penn State faculty and student interns
- Tables configurable for conferencing or working groups and seating for up to 14 persons
- Presentation configuration can accommodate up to 30 persons
Abington Innovation Center
Abington LaunchBox is an affiliate with the Abington Innovation Center.
Abington Innovation Center is a space dedicated to the activities of the Abington Innovation Program, an exciting partnership between Penn State Abington and Abington Art Center, facilitated and supported by Invent Penn State.
Designed to inspire creativity, the Innovation Center is a community focused makerspace and collaborative workspace located at Abington Art Center in Jenkintown PA, just minutes from the Penn State Abington primary campus.
The Innovation Center intentionally blurs the lines between digital and analogue fabrication and between art, technology, and business. Whether your goal is to MAKE for personal growth or entrepreneurial purposes, the Innovation Center can help you turn ideas into reality and discover your inner creativity.